Wednesday, August 12, 2015

21 Day Fix - Day 10

Every day that goes by, I feel like the work outs are getting better. I am modifying less, I am using a slightly heavier weight(lets face it I was prob using too light of a weight before) and I hope I am getting stronger. We ran out of our 1st bag of shakeology today too :(. Now, because I WAS on the auto shipment, we already have another bag. However, I cancelled that because it was outrageously expensive. I never thought I'd have the self discipline to actually stick to the diet and exercise. Now that I am sticking to it, I think we have enough to last us till the end of this round. However, I had planned on doing 3 rounds of the 21 day fix before our vacation to Costa Rica in November and then continuing with a few more before we head off to Hawaii next summer. I am seriously contemplating renewing my auto deliveries of it because I do feel like it helps a lot! Me actually following the diet and exercise and not feeling like I am wasting my money is a bonus!

Don't get me wrong. I don't have a ton of weight to lose and I'm not going to go crazy. But I feel like this diet and exercise plan is something I could sustain for a while to get my body back in check. For me this isn't just about the way I look. Yes, that is a major driving factor. But I also want to actually be healthy. I want to actually be in shape so I can do active things like hiking or skiing. There will be days where I have something junky or that extra glass of wine, of course. For now I am taking it a round at a time. We are finishing day 10 of our first round of the 21 day fix and we have been successful thus far with a few cheats :)

Tonight we went out to dinner with my family. I tried to be good, and in a sense I was. This restaurant has the most amazing wood fired pizzas. I did NOT get pizza. That was so hard. I also did not have wine. Instead I ordered Mediterranean Lamb Chops and my hubs got a filet. Both were so good! Even thought this was a cheat, I still think we made the healthy choice by not getting pizza and totally passing on the fresh italian bread that was passed around the table.

Here's what we ate today:
  • 2 hard boiled eggs
  • an apple
  • burrito bowl with lettuce, pico de gallo, chicken, cheese and plain greek yogurt
  • strawberries and steel cut oats
  • vanilla mocha shakeology
  • Lamb Chops/Filet with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies(I did not eat all of my potatoes)
Even though we cheated, I keep reminding myself that we did make a healthier choice than we could have and that's an accomplishment for us. Tomorrow is a new day, we have no plans to eat out and I know we will do better. We will be eating only things I have made or prepared. Our planned cheat day is coming up and that a big family dinner on Friday and a fabulous Italian restaurant we have been dying to try! 

How do you eat out on the 21 Day Fix? For this newbie here that's a work in progress and I'm still figuring it out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment