Monday, August 3, 2015

Another NEW Day!...

Wow! Its been almost a year since my last post. To say we have been busy is an understatement. We recently finished our latest house project in our family room. We fixed some water damage and repainted. Since we were doing all that, we decided to freshen up/replace the moldings to a style I prefer. Our other big project this spring was to actually get some grass growing in our front yard. The yard was more or less mostly dirt. After weeks of me going out there every hour to move the sprinkler around we finally have a beautiful front yard full of green grass! (Don't mind that we have NO landscaping. Thats next spring's project!) 

Here we are at the first Monday in August. I had decided in June that I was going to do better this summer. Yet, Im still not eating right, and I have barely been to the gym. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I have done this every week since I can remember. This week I will be different. I will do better. I will stick to my diet. I will go to the gym. However, something always happens and I feel like a failure at the end of the week for completely breaking my diet and on top of that not even trying to work off any of those extra calories.

My husband and I have a wedding coming up in November in Costa Rica. In my current state, I am not comfortable with how I look or how I feel, physically and emotionally(which is almost more important that the number on the scale). I have gained about 10 lbs in the last year. Now that may not seem like a lot but for me, being very self conscious, it is. My husband has also gained a bit and we have decided that enough is enough! Now, how is this different from any other Monday where we have started a diet? Well, I am hoping that having each other as accountability partners will help, along with following the same diet and exercise routine. We also have one goal. To lose a specific amount of weight and/or fit into certain clothes that fit us only 6 months ago, whether that be a favorite pair of pants or that perfect swimsuit for our vacation. 

Having used summer vacationing and visits with family as our main excuse for eating and drinking unhealthfully the past 2 months, we finally have 3 weeks free with only one exception. My sister is visiting for a week and my parents have planned one dinner out. This will be one night we are forgoing our diet as this restaurant is one we have been dying to try! All other times during these next 3 weeks we will be able to make healthy choices following our diet. If you haven't guessed already based on our timeline, we are doing the 21 day fix! We have followed the food plan before(not religiously) and now we are ready to go full blast with both the diet and exercise.

I also hope that having this blog as a resource to document all of our achievements and struggles will help us stay accountable to ourselves! Tonight we will be doing our first weigh in, as well as our measurements and "before" photos. I will probably not post those until we do a final weigh in and "after" photos. I will however post our individual goals.

Taylor's Goals for the next 21 days:

  • lose 5 lbs and fit into clothing more comfortably
  • tone muscle and build up endurance
  • feel better physically and be less tired
Andrew's Goals for the next 21 days:
  • reduce body fat and increase muscle
  • fit more comfortably into existing wardrobe
These may be lofty goals and we may not see these goals after only 21 days but I think its important to have a goal. And frankly, if I honestly follow this diet and do the 30 minute work out dvd everyday and don't lose 5 lbs or see a change in the way my clothing fits I am going to feel seriously defeated! But enough with the negativity!

Here is what we ate today:
  • 2 hard boiled eggs
  • an apple 1 tbs organic peanut butter
  • burrito bowl (I'll post the recipe in another post)
  • an apple 1 tbs organic peanut butter
  • Vanilla Mocha Shakeology shake (after our workout)
  • burrito bowl 
  • green olives
I know! This seems like a super boring 1st day. Having been away all weekend we had the ingredients already made for the burrito bowls and we needed to use the ingredients up before they went bad. I promise to be a little more creative in the future!

Day 1 = Success!

(Burrito Bowl)

Here are some photos of the Family room and of course my Pups Watson and Tilly!



Baby girl Tilly

Baby boy Watson

A few pics of our new paint and moldings in the Family room.

I found these cute throw pillows at TJ Maxx!

No comments:

Post a Comment